ELDOA is actually a French acronym used to describe the spine stretching technique developed by the French osteopath Guy Voyer DO. The translation is: LOADS (Longitudinal Osteo-articular Decoaptation Stretches) which are postural self-normalizing techniques, that aim at widening the space within a pair of joints. Comprised of a series of exercises addressing each level in the spine, this method offers unparalleled results in the world of back pain, weakness, fatigue and all the associated discomfort.
ELDOA Fitness is the instruction and active use of these postural exercises, in a typical class we start by executing a proper warm up and then move into reinforcement exercises for the spine and other joints. Next we move into Myofascial Stretches (MFS), then we spend time in the ELDOA postures. Both MFS and ELDOA postures can be very specific and complex techniques that require strong attention to form and correct progressions, which is why it is best to start with a coach’s guidance.
Everyone will benefit from the effects of ELDOAs and MFS but each person is different and without proper instruction and help from a Certified ELDOA/MFS Instructor, these techniques will not be as effective. By attending the classes, you not only receive instruction from an certified instructor but the full hour is dedicated to improving the longevity of your spine and other joints. Other benefits include:
- Improved posture
- Improving your spine’s flexibility, strength and overall health
- Eliminating long term tightness & discomfort
- Reduced stress, reduced joint inflammation
- Preserving the health of your spinal discs and normalize disc bulges
- Increasing your muscle tone, awareness & performance
- Relief of chronic pain in spine & other joints
- Reducing the effects of scoliosis, arthritis & many other conditions
- Improved body awareness (proprioception) & overall wellbeing
Join us several times/week: